The University of Nizwa in The Sultanate of Oman announces the availability of the academic positions in Foundation Institute
About University of Nizwa
The University of Nizwa is a non-profit academic institution, which is governed by its faculty. It shall promote positive thinking; preserve the nation’s Islamic and cultural heritage and identity, faith in Allah and loyalty to the country and His Majesty. Its purpose is to broadly educate students and equip them with values, knowledge and life skills needed to enrich their lives and enable them to meaningfully contribute to the progress of society. To achieve its mission, the University shall develop dynamic integrative programs, which provide high quality academic training, research and intellectual development.
English Language Instructors at the Foundation Program.
Position Code: FI-EL
Applicants are expected to join on October 2021
The Minimum requirements:
If the candidate has less than 2 years' experience in teaching English (full-time) to college level, must have grade (7) in IELTS or 100 in TOEFL IBT.
English Language Instructors in the Foundation Institute are expected to:
1. Have sufficient knowledge of the subject to teach effectively.
2. Have an up-to-date knowledge of best practices in teaching English as a foreign language.
3. Engage in effective classroom management.
4. Use effective encouragement, motivation, reinforcement, consolidation, remedial strategies and planning.
5. Continuously reflect on and evaluate lessons to inform their future teaching practice.
6. Incorporate technology into teaching, when possible and/or appropriate.
7. Take into consideration student feedback, interest, learning requirements, styles, and abilities, when planning their lessons.
8. Make effective use of homework and other opportunities for learning outside the classroom.
9. To be available to their students for support and guidance during office hours, in 1-2-1 settings, or by appointment.
10. Inspire trust and confidence in their students.
11. Be able to use the basic computer programs such Word, Excel… etc.
12. Be able to communicate by email.
13. Influence others through their integrity and professional competence.
Applicants should submit a formal application letter, curriculum vitae, educational and experience certificates (including reference Contact information), letter of experience, electronically through the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Position code should be included in the email subject.Continue reading
|Title||Academic positions in Foundation Institute|
|Employer||University of Nizwa|
|Job location||Nizwa, Ad Dakhiliyah|
|Published||January 11, 2021|
|Job types||Lecturer / Senior Lecturer,   Assistant / Associate Professor  |
|Fields||Language Education,   English Literature,   West Germanic languages,   Applied Linguistics  |