Welcome to KfW! We are a globally active development bank working on behalf of the German Government and we stand for the promotion of initiatives that focus on environment, society and companies. In our work, we thrive to play an active role to shape the world of tomorrow. Since meaningful and sustainable projects are our mission, we are funding a wide variety of projects, from wind farms, infrastructure projects, to schools and hospitals. To successfully do so, we rely on the people who work with us! At KfW you will find an environment of openness and trust; diversity and inclusion are our practiced values. We believe that only where different perspectives come together, we can create innovation and trend-setting ideas. This is why we promote your competencies, ideas and your engagement for projects that will improve our world.
Become a part of our team in Frankfurt am Main and join us initially limited to 3 years as:
Expert Urban Climate Resilience (f/m/d)
We offer a diverse range of tasks
- An exciting time awaits you in the team for climate-resilient urban development in South Asia, where you will also support the work of the urban development teams in Latin America and Central Africa.
- Your essential activities will include initiating an innovation process and accompanying the design and the implementation of pilot projects. In parallel you will produce a conceptual framework, a toolkit and a collection of best practices for urban resilience.
- You will show your pioneering spirit in the development of innovative approaches such as challenge mechanisms. Therefore, you will focus on the combination of infrastructure financing, results-based financing, insurance and policy-based lending.
- By installing a knowledge management system, you will ensure those competences for implementing projects remain sustainably anchored in the organization even after the initiative has been completed.
- You will take care of goal-oriented networking and communication with internal organizational units as well as external DC organizations, technical and political bodies and possible co-financiers such as AFD, ADB and the World Bank.
- Moreover, you will ensure the visibility of results with relevant stakeholders and provide input for discussion with the KfW Competence Centre, other donors to the Indian and Bangladeshi Governments and, where appropriate, Governments of other partner countries in Africa and Latin America.
- Sound knowledge of development policy based on a degree in urban planning, architecture, economics or business administration or a comparable qualification.
- Significant years of expertise in designing and implementing climate adaptation projects in a city-relevant sector – thereof, ideally having spent one to two years abroad.
- Experience in managing complex projects in an international context will also be helpful. Preferably, derived from urban administrative structures, (semi-) governmental agencies or private actors in the urban space by working with international partners in the field of urban development and/or climate adaptation.
- You master the complexity of projects with calmness and professionalism, relying on strong conceptual and strategic thinking as well as creative solution finding.
- An attitude of tolerance and high mental flexibility to help you remain focused and confident.
- You have an affinity for agile working methods, new technologies and smart solutions, and cultivate exchanges with different contacts worldwide.
- You put things down in a comprehensible way, inspire listeners with your empathetic and diplomatic manner and would also like to apply all this in business-fluent German and English – other languages are an advantage.
- Apart from this, you are aware that your international assignments will involve travel to tropical areas on a regular basis.
Our support - benefits at KfW
- Work-life balance
- We support you with flexible working hours, the possibility of Home Office, 30 days paid vacation, individual Part-Time options and parent-child offices.
- Competitive compensation
- You can expect an appropriate compensation package including contributions to capital formation and a job ticket.
- Practiced values of diversity and inclusion
- Diversity and equal opportunities are practiced values as signatories of the “Charta der Vielfalt“.
- Personal development & trainings
- Stay always up to date with personal and professional development opportunities.
- Company pension
- We support your future with a company pension scheme.
- Health promotion
- With over 30 company sport groups, health courses and a staff restaurant KfW supports your health.
Do you want to assume responsibility and shape the future together with us?
Then we are looking forward to your application for the position Expert Urban Climate Resilience (f/m/d) by clicking the apply-button. Please feel free to contact Mr. Castello via +49 (0) 69 7431-8222 for any questions regarding this position